Happy New Year!
As usual, I’m a liiiittle bit late with my New Year post!
I’ll be honest, 2014 hasn’t been a good one. House purchases have fallen through, jobs have been lost and there’s been an awful lot of stress and ill health. My resolutions for 2014 have not gone well either. I didn’t graduate as anticipated, I’m finishing the year without a job and I’ve not read a single book this year. All in all, I’m really quite glad to see the end of 2014.
Onwards and upwards, however, and I shall still set myself goals for 2015.
- Take better care of myself, both physically and mentally – Top of my list is to work on my health. It affects every area of my life and I need to take control of it. I plan on getting more exercise and trying yoga for a start.
- Get more involved in blogging – I find that blogging (both reading blogs and writing them) sparks my creativity and encourages me to try new things, so I definitely want to blog more. Which leads me to…
- Create more – whilst I’ve been knitting a lot in 2014, I really want to try creating different things. Whether I dust off my sewing machine, try something like hand lettering or even give a bit of woodwork/DIY a go (!), I’d definitely like to broaden my skills.
- Graduate – this one appears again this year out of sheer stubbornness rather than anything else.
Come on 2015, let’s do this.
Happy New Year!
2013’s been a funny one. In the respect that, bar graduation and a couple of other (very special) things, it really wasn’t very memorable. And that makes me a bit sad. (It’s also made writing this post rather difficult which is why it’s so late…)
I’ve done OK with 2013’s resolutions:
- I graduated! I finished with a 2.1 and started a Masters degree 😀
- Whilst I didn’t blog once a month, I managed 8 posts – 3 more than 2012…
- I’ve just finished book #48
- I reached sale #20 just before Christmas! Quite a surprise to have achieved this one!
My 2014 goals are…
- Graduate (again) Halfway there…
- Be employed (This is, embarrassingly, the most terrifyingly difficult goal by far)
- Read 60 books on the list
- Do more good deeds
I’ll be honest, it’s been a while since I’ve even looked at WordPress. And as it happens, apparently yesterday marked 7 years since I joined WordPress. 7 years and 165 posts. Terrible.
I do cringe when I see my first posts (please tell me I’m not alone in that…) but then I remind myself how much I’ve learned since I first started – about taking pictures, about knitting and sewing, and about my abilities in general.
I’m sure in another 7 years I’ll be cringeing again, but that’s for Future Smurf to worry about. In the meantime, I shall keep on learning.
My first FOs of the year!
First, was another Ishbel – intended as a favour, then a Christmas gift, and finally it ended up being a late Christmas gift…
Second was a Cerus Scarf – also intended originally as a favour, before ending up a very belated Christmas gift. Whoops.
Apparently the country is going to come to a standstill because we’re due a couple of centimetres of snow this weekend. I sell knitwear and I’ve found myself without a scarf to my name. Wut. I’m back to commuting on Monday so I’d better have a rummage in my stash and get knitting pronto.
Happy New Year! What a year 2012 has been!
For me personally, the first, oh, three-quarters of it was pretty rubbish (bar the Olympics. The Olympics were AMAZING), but the last three months have been so hectic and demanding (hence my appalling lack of posts) but also incredibly rewarding and satisfying. Although my life since September has been little more than lectures, essays, presentations, meetings and exams, it’s been wonderful to be back at uni, and I’m really looking forward to the next semester and beyond.
1. CAEK, 2. Interrailing, 3. Obligatory plane photo, 4. Orange/lemon cupcakes, 5. Blue Mittens, 6. Red Arrows, 7. Wedding cupcakes, 8. Mittens, 9. Red Arrows, 10. Moon, 11. Citron Mittens, 12. Merry Christmas
With regards to last year’s resolutions, I’ve actually pretty much fulfilled them all!
- I’ve been eating much more healthily, and I feel all the better for it.
- I reached 39 books read on my list – whopped my target!
- I only visited one country, but I went twice, so that counts, right?
My resolutions for 2013?
- Graduate with a BA – only one semester left…!
- Blog once a month – no, really. Five posts in the whole of 2012 is just embarrassing.
- Reach 50 books read on my book list – currently on #40.
- Reach 20 sales on Etsy – this one actually seems the hardest of the lot…!
What about you, any resolutions for the new year?